Bookish Treasures is currently closed for review requests and is not doing any new posts at this time.

Waiting on Wednesday - World After

2 Oct 2013
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and it allows readers to share the books that they are most looking forwards to reading.

This week the book I have chosen to feature is World After by Susan Ee.



Title: World After

Author: Susan Ee

Series: Penryn & The End of Days #2

Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton (UK), Skyscape (US)

Publication date: November 19th

Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Amazon UK


Synopsis

In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world.

When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.

Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.

Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?


My Thoughts

I read Angelfall nearly two years ago now and it was amazing! It is such an incredible and unique novel. I must have re-read it about 3 times and I hardly ever re-read books. I am very exciting that I don't have much longer to wait until the release of book 2, it has been long enough already :P If you haven't read Angelfall I highly recommend it.

So what do you think? Do you plan to read this book? Feel free to link to your own WoW post in the comments. 

10 comments:

  1. I have an ARC of this from the publicist but I'm waiting for an e-mail back from her because I don't have a kindle (only on my cellphone). :P But I'll read this on my cell if I have to though. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will die if I don't read this the very minute it comes out.:)
    Great choice.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG YES! I am so so excited about this one! I just received an ARC of this and I am dying to read it!

    Thanks for stopping by Swept Away By Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah I can't wait for this book either! I read Angelfall FOREVER ago though, so I don't remember much about it - except that I loooooved it. Gonna have to reread it before November 19th, for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Angelfall, but haven't read it. This sounds really good to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I reaaally really need to read Angelfall soon. Been hearing way too many good things about it. This one sounds great too!
    Thanks for sharing & stopping by Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need to pick up Angelfall soon! I know a lot of people are excited for this one, which makes me excited to get started on the series.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't started this series yet but it does sound amazing! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is another "can't get here soon enough" book. Angelfall was fantastic. I can't wait for this one.

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Angelfall so I'm really eager to read this as well.

    Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.