Bookish Treasures is currently closed for review requests and is not doing any new posts at this time.

Netgalley November Announcement

7 Oct 2013

If you have ever read one of my Stacking the Shelves posts then you must surely know that I kind of have a NetGalley addiction. It is such a great resource for reviewers with amazing books at your fingertips with no more than a click of a button (and a wait to see if you get accepted). Unfortunately my virtual netgalley tbr pile is HUGE and I am quite far off the suggested 80% feedback ratio that is recommended.

I am not the only person in this situation and when my lovely friend Kayleigh from K-Books mentioned that she was thinking of doing a personal challenge in November to read lots of NetGalley books I thought it was a great idea and we decided to make an event of it. We then also found out that the always amazing Faye @ A Daydreamer's Thoughts was also planning a NetGalley November so we all decided to team up.

If you want to get involved we have created little targets for you to aim for.

Easy: 1-4
Medium: 5-10
Hard: 11-15
Difficult: 16-20
Netgalley Superstar: 21+

I am going to try and aim for 21+ though I may end up only managing 15 or so. I also have a few restrictions on myself for November 1) at least 3/4 of the books read must be from NetGalley 2) if any books are requested and accepted during November they must be read during November. My personal long term goal is to reach 80% feedback by January and then try to stay at that mark.

If you are joining you can grab either my banner (at the top) or the one Faye made and sign up in the linky list below. Hopefully through this we can all have lots of fun, reduce our tbr piles AND get healthier NetGalley profiles (publishers can see your request to feedback ratio).

 

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I love the idea of this. I have so many Net Galley and Edelweiss books. Can we include Edelweiss books....

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I got my % up to 80.....very happy camper :-)
    I haven't got approved for that many. My only problem was I got approved for a bunch all at the same time and that dropped my % quite a bit, until I could read and review them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! My NetGalley tbr list is so out of control right now. I think this will definitely help motivate me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I know the feeling! I am wayyy behind on my reviews. The thing is, I can only read a certain format on my NOOK, and most of the time I get PDF and my NOOK reads them but its so complicated (Doest read like it should, doesnt save my place). So, I have to remove the DRM (the thing that puts a time limit on the ebook) to be able to convert it.
    Then my converter screws up! And if Im lucky enough to get an EPUB, then I forget to remove it and I dont get the the book on time. So, Im deleting all these books from my NOOK and because I dont get around to them on time and Im pretty much screwed on getting the reviews in.

    It. Sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, this is a great idea!! I really need to improve my ratio in NG too, so I'm signing up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful challenge and goal!! We certainly want our readers to use NetGalley to their advantage and this is a great way to do that. And as important as the Approval to Feedback Ratio is, your Profile and the quality of your Feedback is equally, if not more, important. Here are some Profile tips (http://bit.ly/1hHPXpa) & Feedback tips (http://bit.ly/SvxZix).

    - NetGalley Concierge Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya, my name's Kat and I'm a netgalley addict - just like you. I think this challenge is a great idea. I desperately need to get my review ratio up. It's just too easy to get the approvals and with all those great books, you can get carried away...
    But no more! I'll work on my challenge post right away.

    Cheers, Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I now have 7 NetGalley books backed up and already approved I'm new to NetGalley but it piled up quickly! I am hoping to read them all this month. Looking forward to seeing how far we all get this coming month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I initially decided not to do this... but changed my mind after requesting/being approved for like four new books on NetGalley-me thinks I have a problem! I'm signing up for the medium level even though I doubt I'll reach it-those who are signing up for more-best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have really noticed that my approval rating has gone done since Netgalley started to provide a percentage on my profile. So I am hoping that this challenge will help me improve the situation.

    After the first week I am at approx. 50%. I don't know how close to 80% I will get but I am aiming to read 8 books during the challenge. My plan is to start with the recently published and work my way back through my galleys.
    Now, if only I could resist the urge to request more titles....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got to catch up on my Netgalley reviews so joined this challenge too. Really need to fix that 16% approval rating. I've got two more read, just need to write it up!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.