Bookish Treasures is currently closed for review requests and is not doing any new posts at this time.

Stacking the Shelves / Showcase Sunday #34

6 Oct 2013
Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky @Books, Biscuits, and Tea and Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and they both give bloggers the opportunity to share the books they have received in the past week.
 
I got quite a few freebies this week and I also bought more books than usual so this haul is on the bigger side. As always if you click on the book cover you will be taken to its Amazon page.
 
Review
 
Paperbacks

Thank you to Mira Ink for the amazing sounding dystopian novel Pawn and YA contemporary novel Crash Into You.
 
 
Ebooks

Both of the are romance novels by two fantastic authors you probably know under other names. Viv Daniels is the NA pen name for Diana Peterfreund and Karen Erikson is also known as NA author Monica Murphy. I can't wait to read these, thank you to Diana and Monica for the ecopies! 
 
One & Only
 
 
NetGalley/Edelweiss
 
I know, I know! I am supposed to be on a netgalley diet. These books were just too good to resist. If like me you have a terrible addiction to netgalley keep an eye out on my blog as a blogger friend and I are arranging a NetGalley November. 
 
 
Freebies

Ok so I got loads of freebies this week. However I do have a good reason. Kinda. I was having to browse the freebies to find a good read for the NA book club freebie book of the month (we chose Lengths) and I stumbled across all these great looking books in the process. I think most are still free so click on the covers to get the book from Amazon.
 
 
Bought

Ebooks
 
This week I read Killing Sarai and I was left wanting more. I was stuck in a bit of a rut with the books I already had so I bought (and read) all these dark romance novels. All are pretty awesome (but not suitable for under 18's!)
 
 
Paperbacks
 
This week I also bought the latest instalment in the House of Night series by P.C and Kristin Cast. I do still enjoy this series and this is the penultimate novel so I can't wait to read it.
 
 
So what do you think? Are there any books you have read, plan to read or have just now caught your eye? Feel free to link to your Stacking the Shelves or equivalent post in the comments.

17 comments:

  1. Crash Into You sounds really interesting! Great haul, I really hope you enjoy your books :)

    Happy Sunday,
    Megan xxx

    My Showcase Sunday if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first books in the series were great so I'm sure Crash Into You will be also :D

      Delete
  2. Awesome haul! I must be the only one not getting Pawn, since I live outside UK. Boo.
    Happy reading!
    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a lot of books this week! I am almost done with Pawn and so far I am loving it, but I just no it's going to have me aching for the sequel! Enjoy!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't start Pawn yet as it is at home and I am at Uni. I can't wait to get home and read it though! :D

      Delete
  4. What a great selection of books. I have Pawn and Crash Into You too. I am a couple of books behind in the House of Night series but I still ordered this latest one. I want to keep reading but review books are dominating my reading these days. Come see what I got this week at Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be hard sometimes to find the time to read non-review books. That is why I treat myself regularly :)

      Delete
  5. Cool haul. Happy reading :)

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/stacking-shelves-57-lair-dark-witch.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read a sample of Pawn a while ago and can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I got Crash into You last week from Harlequin and I just got Pawn off Edelweiss! I'm with you- I'm not supposed to be requesting either, but gosh. I can't resist! I picked up Finding It and Trust in Me a couple of weeks ago too. Enjoy them Laura!

    My STS

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got Crash Into You and Pawn as well. I hope they're as good as they sound. Have a great week and enjoy!

    My STS New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Pawn! One and Only looks pretty awesome. Looks like lots of good romances! Hope you enjoy, happy readings!
    Thanks for stopping by <a href="http://www.bookmunchies.com”>Bookmunchies</a> (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoo-hoo, Crash Into You! Great choices, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great book haul. I have several of the same ones. I can't wait to read them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crash into You is amazing! I got Pawn too and I'm really excited to read it!
    Finding It is fantastic too! I definitely need to get my hands on Trust in Me, I'm excited to read from Cam's POV.
    Great haul! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.