Bookish Treasures is currently closed for review requests and is not doing any new posts at this time.

Waiting on Wednesday - The Rithmatist

3 Apr 2013
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and it allows readers to share the books that they are most looking forwards to reading.

This week the book i have chosen to feature is The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson.

The Rithmatist



Title: The Rithmatist

Author: Brandon Sanderson

Series: The first in a new series

Expected Publication: May 14th (US), May 16th (UK)

Publisher: Orion Childrens books (UK), Tor Teen (US)

Links: Goodreads | Amazon | Amazon UK





Synopsis

Someone is killing the powerful Rithmatist magicians and Joel may be the only one who can stop the killer...
Joel is fascinated by the magical art of Rithmatics, but unfortunately only a chosen few have the necessary gift and Joel is not one of them. Undaunted, Joel persuades Professor Fitch to teach him Rithmatic theory - and soon finds that his knowledge is put to the test when someone starts murdering the top Rithmatic students at his school.

But can Joel work out the identity of the killer and stop them before they realize just what a threat Joel actually is?

My Thoughts

Brandon Sanderson is an incredible fantasy author. He creates worlds that are so unique you could never possibly imagine them yourself and his storytelling is so woven and detailed that every page is a joy to read. This will be the first book i read of his that is aimed at a yound adult audience. Here's hoping this book is as amazing as all his others.

What books are you looking forwards to this week? Feel free to link to your own WoW posts in the comments :)

18 comments:

  1. The looks like a great book. Might have to add it to my to read list

    I'm waiting on RUMP: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin by Liesl Shurtliff

    New Follower

    Michelle@Beacausereadingisbetterthanreallife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this one before but I'm glad you picked it as your WoW choice this week it sounds awesome.
    Thanks for dropping by my WoW post =]

    - Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    +New GFC follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this book before but I like the sounds of it, I think I will have to read some reviews before picking this one up though!

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once i have read it i will probably review it here :)

      Delete
  4. I have a book from this author on the shelves, but I haven't read it yet. This one sounds awesome!

    WoW Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have one of his books you should definately read it :)

      Delete
  5. This one sounds really good, I'm definitely going to be adding it to my tbr pile. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm wishy washy on this one. On one hand, it sounds good, but on the other hand, I tend to not enjoy MG books. I hope you enjoy it!

    Jennifer
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont usually either but this authors adult novels are so amazing that if anyone can write a younger book that i will love it will be him :) I think its supposed to be YA rather than MG aswell :)

      Delete
  7. I have not read any of Brandon Sanderson's books myself, but I have heard some pretty amazing things so I'm excited to read this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definately try them, really think you might love them :)

      Delete
  8. Sounds good! I haven't read any of Sanderson's books but my cousin loves him.
    Thanks for stopping by! :)
    Megan @ Books i View

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.