Bookish Treasures is currently closed for review requests and is not doing any new posts at this time.

Stacking the Shelves / Showcase Sunday #11

21 Apr 2013
Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky @Books, Biscuits, and Tea and Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and they both give bloggers the opportunity to share the books they have received in the past week.

This week was ...... amazing, no other words to describe it really other than simply amazing. First of all last Sunday I got to meet one of my favourite authors Abbi Glines and recieved several free signed books, then on monday (not book related) I was voted to be the new president of my university cheer team and then saving the best till last, on Tuesday I was mentioned in an article in USA today. USA today!!!!! (sorry punctuation police but just one exclamation mark does not do my excitement justice) I'm not even from the US and I have heard of that! It's an article about New Adult books and it mentions the NA book club at the end along with a few quotes from me. If you want you can check out the online version here. I really want to get a copy sent from America so I can keep it forever :) This is generally just a fantastic article about NA books that actually seems to understand what they are and explains them very well.

On to the books I recieved :)

Abbi Glines event


The Vincent Boys, The Vincent Brothers, Because Of Low, While It Lasts and Just For Now all signed and personalised to me! I also took along with me an extra copy of The Vincent Boys to get signed so I could give it away. Keep your eyes out for that soon. Thank you to both Simon and Schuster UK and Hot Key books for the event and free books :)

Netgalley

Im trying to not get as many books from netgalley as sometimes the formatting is a little off making it near impossible to read but sometimes there are books I want so badly that I can't wait for the perfectly formated ebooks to release. I got two amazing books this week (that are luckily well formatted :P).



 
The Elite

The Selection may not be loved by everyone but it was certainly loved by me. I have been waiting for The Elite ever since and I had been checking netgalley daily for the past 3 weeks as I heard it was going on there. This has already been read and was good though not as good as the first, I now need the final book. Right now :P








Down London Road

I first fell in love with Samantha Young's writing when I read her older YA series The Tale of Lunamorte. I have read and loved all her books so am really excited for another, especially one that is NA though she is also a truly fantastic YA writer.








For Review


The Stillness of You

This is an amazing sounding NA contemporary romance. A huge thank you to Julie for donating so many copies to the NA book club for people to review and also giving me an extra copy. Here's hoping everyone loves it :)









Charlotte Street

This sounds incredibly funny, interesting and certainly different to most romances I have read in the past!

Thank you to ebury for the review copy :)








Bought

It doesn't really count because I haven't recieved it yet but I pre-ordered Stealing Harper by Molly McAdams. This is the first time I have EVER pre-ordered a book but I adore this authors writing! There aren't many books I have loved more than Taking Chances, if you want to read my somewhat gushing review you can do so here.

Amazon freebies

I found that a YA author Alexia Purdy was giving away several of her books for free over amazon and they all sound good so I decided to download them. Hopefully these will be the start of some new series's that I will love. I also found a freebie from an author  already love and another who is a complete unknown to me.


Evangeline














Reign Of Blood














Never Say Such Things














Ever Shade














Whisper














Awakening the Nightmare













Won

The Madman's Daughter

I have heard lots of great things about this book so I am very excited to have won a copy.










So What are your thoughts? Have you read or plan to read any of these books? Feel free to link to your own Stacking the shelves or similar posts in the comments :)

41 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats on the USA Today mention! That's really awesome! Great book this week, too! I'm intrigued by Never Say Such Things---looks pretty creepy! I'm with you on The Selection, I loved it. Can't wait to read The Elite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im still in shock about the mention, its hard to believe it is actually real :P I think Never Say Such Things is still free so you should get it :D

      Delete
  2. I'm a big fan of The Selection books, too. I haven't read any of your other books, though I've heard great stuff about Samantha's book, and I do have The Vincent Brothers on my kindle to check out. Thanks for stopping by the blog. Hope you have a great Sunday. :D
    Oh, and congrats on the article mention. VERY exciting--I'd have been squealing, lol.

    Julie @ Bookaroo-Ju

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was squealing A LOT. Im suprised it couldn't be heard around the world :P

      Delete
  3. Great haul, some very interesting books and I hope you enjoy them :) I read the Madman's Daughter a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it so I hope you like it too :)

    Happy Sunday,

    Megan xxxx

    My Showcase Sunday if you'd like a look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forwards to reading The Madman's Daughter. I know lots of people who loved it :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! It's amazing that you were in USA Today! Such an achievement!

    I also received The Elite this week and am desperate for the third book now. I must disagree though: I thought it was on par with The Selection.

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still thought The Elite was very good but more of a 4 star rather than the 5 stars i gave The Selection. I am really looking forwards to the third book as i can't guess how it will end :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the USA today mention and on becoming the president of your cheer team. Both sound so cool, especially the USA Today thing! :)
    Those Abbi Glines books look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to be giving away one of the copies of The Vincent Boys so if you haven't read it yet then keep your eyes on my blog :)

      Delete
  6. Nice haul! I am hoping to get Elite as well, and Gline's books are on my TBR pile.

    Happy reading!
    My books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on winning The madman's daughter! I'm very excited to read it :) and I'm happy you liked The Elite.

    Happy reading!
    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get started on The Madman's Daughter :)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on being mentioned in USA today!! That is epic!

    I love Danny Wallace's non-fiction books so be very curious what his fiction is like. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything by Danny Wallace before but Charlotte Street seems like it will be very funny :)

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on the USA Today mention! It's great to see an accurate article on New Adult, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the article as it explains perfectly what New Adult books are :)

      Delete
  10. Great haul! I haven't read any of them but they look great. Congrats on the USA Today mention! Enjoy and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they all look great too. I can't wait to read them all :)

      Delete
  11. The Madman's Daughter sounds sooo good! We've already squeed over The Elite lol, roll on book 3!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still haven't read The Selection. It's on my TBR list, so of course The Elite is on there too. Great haul.

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great books! I really want to read The Selection series, I keep hearing so many amazing things about them. I hope you enjoy all your books :)

    Zoe
    www.bookhi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So awesome about the quote! Congratulations!!
    The Stillness of You looks interesting, I'll be adding it to my pile. I have yet to read The Madman's Daughter, hoping to sometime soon. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool book haul. Hope you enjoy them all :)

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/stacking-shelves-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I heard that the Madman's Daughter is supposed to be wonderful. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome haul! A few of these are on my reading list too. I hope you enjoy all of your new goodies!

    My Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a big fan of Abbi Glines and I devoured every single one of her NA books. :D SO congrats on getting your hands on those! I also pre-ordered Down the London Road this week. Can't wait for the release, I loved the first in series. (: Enjoy them!

    Sandra @ When Books Attack!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've hear Elite was amazing. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on being quoted on USA today! I went to read the article and it makes me want to join your club on Goodreads! I am a fan of The Selection and am waiting for The Elite's release day coming soon :)

    My StS/SS
    Jahzeiah @ Mermaed Books

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great haul!! Can you believe I STILL haven't read one of Abbi's books yet?! I think I have three currently... and I just haven't had the time. I way over-schedule myself these days with reviews. I hope to read them soon... I've heard she's amazing! :) I hope you enjoy all of your amazing goodies this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Laura how lucky that you were able to attend Abbi's event :) Great win with The Madman's Daughter, I've got my signed copy heading to me as we speak…so excited.

    My STS

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, signed books are always nice!

    I cannot wait for The Elite! I adored the first book! :D

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome book haul. I am so excited you got to go to Abbi's signing. I bet that was awesome. I love the UK covers. I am also so exited for you to get Down London Road. I am really looking forward to that one. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, isn't Netgalley formatting the worst sometimes? It completely butchers the text into unreadable blobs. Glad to hear those didn't have the same problem, I think they're improving it a bit.

    Your books look lovely, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sounds like an excellent week for you bookwise! Congrats on the USA Today mention. It's a big deal, and especially nice that it shows NA in a good light for once. And what an Abbi Glines collection! I'm not really a fan of the black covers (too 50 shades) but its nice that they match.
    I have yet to read the Selection, so look forward to hearing what you think of the Elite :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.