Bookish Treasures is currently closed for review requests and is not doing any new posts at this time.

Stacking the Shelves / Showcase Sunday #28

25 Aug 2013
Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vicky @Books, Biscuits, and Tea and Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and they both give bloggers the opportunity to share the books they have received in the past week.
 
Yet again this week I got a lot of books from netgalley partially because I was sent pre-approved links for about 20 books (I actually resisted most). From today onwards I am requesting no more books from netgalley until I have given feedback on almost all I currently have. I also treated myself to a few books this week that I have been wanting to buy for ages.

This week I wrote a post about review requests which most people seem to like so far. See if you agree with what I say here.

As usual if you click on the book cover you will be taken to its Amazon page.
 
Review
 
Paperback

A huge thank you to Indigo, HarperFiction and Random House kids UK for these wonderful books. All of these are books that I am very excited to read.
 
 
Ebook

This is an NA sci-fi novel that sounds unique and amazing. Thank you to Stephanie J Pajonas for the copy and the lovely review request.
 
 
NetGalley
 
Thank you to NAL/Berkley/Signet romance (Penguin), Harlequin Teen, Indie Inked, Elyssa Patrick, Scholastic, Marie Hall and Egmont USA for the lovely ebooks.
 
 
 
Freebies

A downloaded a few cool looking freebies and most are still available for free if they interest you.
  
 
Bought
 
Taming Cross is a recently released sequel, HDU is a book by an author I love and I finally bought myself this book as a treat (was really good!). Pantomime and Shift are both books I have had my eye on for a while and are currently on sale for a limited time.
 
 
So what do you think? Are there any books you have read, plan to read or have just now caught your eye? Feel free to link to your Stacking the Shelves or equivalent post in the comments.

19 comments:

  1. Pantomime was a great book. I adored the writing the the conflicts brought by this book.
    I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got Countdown as well and I look forward to it, but sadly I didn't get Inhuman.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got SO excited when I saw the new Karen Chance on NetGalley. I think the 80% feedback guideline is a good one, unless you send feedback for when you start a book but don't want to continue. I've done that a couple of times.

    And Pantomime is SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous of Coldtown. I am dying to read that book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get The Coldest Girl in Coldtown & Teardrop! They both sound amazing! I've heard a lot of great things about Pantomime too!
    Great haul! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been dying to read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown for the longest time! It's on my To-Read list but I keep on forgetting to get it. Typical forgetful me. Haha. Anyway, great haul! Thanks for sharing it with us. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great assortment of books! I loved The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and was just approved for The Iron Traitor too. Teardrop, Inhuman, and BZRK are also on my review stack. Come see what I got this week at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a haul. I'm not even sure what to comment on. I actually enjoyed Rule, but I think I liked book 2, Jet, even better! Happy reading!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice haul. Happy reading :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-52.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's a lot of books. I kept thinking...that's all then I scrolled down! haha. Great selection and I hope you enjoy them all.

    My Friends Are Fiction's Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome haul!! Some great titles and some Ill definitely look up :) Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lot of these are new to me so I'm clicking away on the goodreads links! I just love that cover for Teardrop. I hope you enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul of books. I'm looking forward to reading Teardrop as well. Nice haul.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh so many awesome books Laura! Fighting For You looks adorable! And so does Never Again! I also got my copy of The Iron Traitor this week (FINALLY!) so I can't wait to start that! I recently read Stay With Me and really enjoyed it- I hope you do too!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS! Enjoy all these awesome books!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait for The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and I'm dying for The Iron Traitor to land on my doormat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved Rule - And Julie Kagawa is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of goodies! I own Zooey Rogue but haven't gotten to it yet. It sounds fantastic though!

    I liked Pantomime and I can't wait for the sequel!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Coldest Girl in Town and Countdown makes my heartache. I've just been disapproved for those. Hhuhuh. Please read them for the both of us!

    Happy reading!

    Thoughts and Pens Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great book haul. I have had Rule for a while, but haven't had time to read it. I hear it is good. I also got several of the others you have. I'll be looking forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.