Bookish Treasures is currently closed for review requests and is not doing any new posts at this time.

2014 Personal Challenge - January Achievements, Febuary Goals and Sign Ups

2 Feb 2014


 So this year I decided to start my own reading / blogging / writing challenge called the 2014 personal challenge. You can find out more about it here - http://bookishtreasures.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/introducing-2014-personal-challenge.html

These were my goals for January - http://bookishtreasures.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/2014-personal-challenge-january-goal.html I actually had a pretty bad month in generally that was overly busy and stressful so I didn't manage to do much blogging at all. As a result I didn't manage any of my blogging goals even though they were relatively easy. However I did succeed with my one reading goal which was to read at least 4 different genres of books. I read a huge variety of genres last month including YA dystopia, YA paranormal, NA contemporary, NA paranormal, UF/PNR, YA contemporary, Fantasy romance, NA dystopian, Romantic suspense and more. You can see all the books I read in January here - https://www.goodreads.com/user_challenges/1049673?page=1

Here are my goals for February

1) I'm going to challenge myself to read a variety of genres again simply as I think it helps to prevent blogger burnout. This month I am going to say 5 as 4 was done way too easily :P

2) Write at least 1 discussion post. I didn't manage this last month so I WILL do it this time.

3) Post at least 6 of my own reviews (not ones done by my guest reviewers) this month.

4) I have quite a large tbr pile so this month I am also taking part in the review copy cleanup hosted by Vicky from Books Biscuits And Tea and Celine from Nyx Book Reviews. You can find out more about it here - http://www.booksbiscuitsandtea.co.uk/posts/review-copy-cleanup-4-0-sign-up/



I am challenging myself to read 15 books (both ebook and paperback) that I have received for review. I am not choosing specific books so I'll just be reading whatever most interests me at the time.

What are your goals for February? If you are joining in please share your goal post (or tweet / facebook status if you don't have a blog) in the linky below so that I and everyone else involved can offer you encouragement.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,

    I hope February will be a better month for you.
    While January wasn't a good month, it wasn't so bad when it comes to my goals. At least, I completed 3 of the 4 goals I had. Not that bad. I hope February will be as good. Can't wait to read the others' goals too.
    Wish the best for yours.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.