Bookish Treasures is currently closed for review requests and is not doing any new posts at this time.

Stacking The Shelves #53

10 Jan 2015
Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and it gives bloggers the opportunity to share the books they have received in the past week.
 
It has been ages since I last did a stacking the shelves post but I miss sharing what books I have got and receiving your suggestions on what I should read first. I am not going to share all of the books I have got over the past few months or we would be here forever so I am just going to go with the last 2 weeks. As usual if you click on the book cover you will be taken to the books Amazon page.

For Review

Paperbacks

Thank you to Tor Books for this book. I am a huge fan of the Trylle Trilogy and this is a spin off I was incredibly excited for.
 
 
I also received a copy of A Whisper Of Wolves from Stripes Publishing.
 
NetGalley

I have started to use NetGalley a bit more recently and I picked up these four amazing looking books. So far I have read Binding Ties which was amazing.
 
 
Gift/Other
 
 I received this lovely man book from the wonderful Katy Evans. Thank you Katy!
 
 
Bought
 
Hardbacks

I have been waiting for the sequel to Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson for a year so I bought it the second it released. I HIGHLY recommend this book.
 
Ebooks
 
The Savage Dream and Reparation are sequels to books I love, Walking Dead Girl I stumbled across and thought it sounded fantastic (it was great!) and Dire Straits is the first book in a second series by Helen Harper whose Blood Destiny series I really enjoyed. I would recommend all of these!
 
 
Kindle Unlimited
 
After reading Dire Straits I discovered books 2 and 3 were on kindle unlimited so I have decided to try it out. After all, all you need is roughly 2-3 books (dependent on price) that you really want to buy each month that are on KU and kindle unlimited can make its money worth. I have downloaded a few books so far - please let me know of any great books you know of on KU!
 
As well as the two sequels to Dire Straits I also got Just One Sip which is the latest release by the wonderful Scarlett Dawn which is conveniently on KU and then Dirty London by Kelley York which was recommended to me by Jim @ YAYeahYeah
 
 
Kindle Freebies
 
I picked up a couple of freebies this week. You should be able to get most of them still for free :)
 
 
What do you think of these books? Feel free to leave links to your own weekly haul posts in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. I also went through a little bit of a dry spell with posting stacking the shelves at one point, sometimes you just need a break from things.

    Anyways, I love the cover of Frostfire and I really enjoyed one of Amanda Hawking's previous books so I will be checking that one out for sure. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some very good looking books. I loved Ripped so much and Reparation was awesome. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

    Great haul!

    My STS: http://inmysecretbookworld.blogspot.se/2015/01/stacking-shelves-7.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul this week. You got a lot of amazing books. I love the cover to Casually Cursed. I haven't read the series but the cover definitely caught my eye.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.