I am currently open for review and feature requests from authors or publishers. Please read my authors/publishers page for more information on what is available and my policies.


Blog Tour - Review of Quintessentially Q

21 Dec 2013
This book is an NA dark erotic romance and as such is not suitable for under 18's in any way shape or form. This series also isn't suitable for those uncomfortable with the topics of kidnap, grief, rape (not by the "hero") and kinky (but consensual) sex.

As the book 1 synopsis says - "A New Adult Dark Contemporary Romance, not suitable for people sensitive to grief, slavery, and nonconsensual sex. A story about finding love in the strangest of places, a will of iron that grows from necessity, and forgiveness that may not be enough."

If this sounds like something you are too sensitive for please stop reading. However if you enjoy dark, twisted books then keep reading as you are in for a treat with these :)



Quintessentially Q (Monsters In The Dark #2) by Pepper Winters



Synopsis

“All my life, I battled with the knowledge I was twisted… fucked up to want something so deliciously dark—wrong on so many levels. But then slave fifty-eight entered my world. Hissing, fighting, with a core of iron, she showed me an existence where two wrongs make a right."

Tess is Q’s completely. Q is Tess’s irrevocably. But now, they must learn the boundaries of their unconventional relationship, while Tess seeks vengeance on the men who sold her. Q made a blood-oath to deliver their corpses at Tess’s feet, and that’s just what he’ll do.

He may be a monster, but he’s Tess’s monster.


Review

I really enjoyed Tears of Tess when I first read it and I was very excited to hear that there would be a sequel. I'm even happier that Quintessentially Q was a worthy sequel.

So I'm going to recap a little of book 1 as it is important to understand the dynamics of Tess and Q's relationship. Tess is kidnapped whilst on a romantic holiday with her boyfriend and she quickly ends up in the possession of a mysterious man known as Q. Whilst at times he can be harsh he doesn't treat Tess at all how she expects considering that she is supposed to be a sex slave and even goes so far as to rescue her from a rapist when she tries to run away.

Over time she starts to fall for Q and eventually discovers that he usually uses his influence and power to obtain sex slaves, rehabilitate them and return them to their families. Tess was supposed to be one of these but as her spirit was not broken he started to fall for her too. Tess is released to her boyfriend but her eyes have now been opened and she knows that she will never be happy in a vanilla relationship so she finds her way to return to Q. He doesn't want to give in to his dark desires as he worries that he will become a monster like his father but Tess convinces him to keep her.

Book 2 starts a few days after the end of Tears of Tess with Q struggling to hold back his dark desires out of fear of hurting Tess but her desperate for him to let go as that is what shed wants. One of the things I really liked about this book is that Tess is the one trying to get Q to do things. She is the one in control and wanting him to do things that will please her not the other way round (and I don't mean that she is some sort of dominatrix - she just knows what she wants).

I thought this book was going to focus on Tess and Q's relationship and their sexual exploration but it quickly takes a darker turn as their past comes back to haunt them. There are some really dark moments in Quintessentially Q. After all, bad things happen when you piss off bad people and unfortunately that's what Tess and Q did in book 1. The author does not shy away from gore and very difficult topics and everything has this brutal realism that I enjoyed but may be too much for some people.

Pepper Winters has such as lovely writing style, at times it is almost poetic in description and I found it beautiful to read. I was completely hooked as I read Tess and Q's story desperately hoping everything would work out well but wondering how it possibly could. I loved the ending and I was really happy about the "epilogue". I cant wait to read more books by this author, I know that they wont disappoint.

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, this has not effected my opinions or rating in any way*

Try it for yourself! Goodreads | Amazon | Amazon UK
Laura
 

Qiveaway

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment I promise to cherish it forever :) I will also try to always reply.